The Journal | How To Start 2021 Right
In the New Year, we should be really focusing on ourselves, in particular both our physical and mental wellbeing. Really listen to what your body needs to feel its best so you can focus on the journey of becoming you, and realising the self-empowerment that this can lead to. Detox Kitchen's recipes will help you to nourish your body, and consequently your mind, after the Christmas period and help you to rebuild strength and focus.
For example, this Roasted Root Vegetable Soup is a comforting and warming dish to make for these wintery months, but is also packed full of nutrients and cleansing benefits. detoxkitchen.co.uk/recipes/roasted-vegetable-soup
ROASTED VEGETABLE SOUP
This hearty dish will help nourish your mind and body this winter. There is nothing more comforting than roasted root vegetables and a warming stock-based soup. The capers also add a perfect punch of flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 beef tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 500ml good veg stock
- 1 tin butterbeans
- 200g chickpeas
- 50g capers
- 300g new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 100g cavolo nero, finely sliced
- In a large sauce pan heat a little oil, add in the onions and garlic and cook on a low heat until softened. Then add in the tomatoes, bay leaf and vegetable stock, place the lid on the pan and cook on a low heat stirring occasionally.
- While the tomatoey stock is cooking, place all the other ingredients, apart from the cavolo nero, on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft throughout. Once the veg are cooked transfer them all from the baking tray into the tomatoey stock. Cook in the stock for a further 20 minutes, turn the heat off and add in the cavolo nero and stir through to tenderise the leaves. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with a generous grating of vegan parmesan or cheddar, some lemon zest and extra pinch of salt and pepper.
Detox Kitchen have just launched their annual best-seller Ultimate Reset programme, which is designed this year to help you listen to and learn from your body, treating it well and feeling great. They will deliver 4 weeks of delicious, fresh and nutritious food daily to your door, accompanied with a bundle of amazing gifts that will help with your self-care journey. This is available to purchase on their website detoxkitchen.co.uk/, with deliveries starting from 4th Jan.
About The Detox Kitchen
Detox Kitchen are on a mission to help people see, understand and consume food in a totally new way. They want people to eat food that makes them feel amazing afterwards. Discover their delis, meal plans and retail products at detoxkitchen.co.uk