Improve Your Rest This World Sleep Day
Getting a good night's sleep is crucial for our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Sleep plays a vital role in our overall health, helping to regulate our immune system, restore our energy levels, and promote cognitive function. Unfortunately, many people struggle to get the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep per night, leading to a range of health issues such as fatigue, mood disorders, and chronic diseases. To celebrate world sleep day we’re giving you our top tips to improve your rest.
One of the most effective ways to improve sleep quality is by developing healthy sleep habits. This involves creating a conducive sleep environment, establishing a regular sleep schedule, and practicing relaxation techniques to prepare your body for sleep. By adopting these habits, you can help regulate your body's internal clock, reduce stress, and promote restful, rejuvenating sleep.
By developing healthy sleep habits and seeking professional help when necessary, you can improve your sleep quality and reap the benefits of restful, rejuvenating sleep.
- Stick to a sleep schedule: Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. This can help regulate your body's sleep-wake cycle and promote better sleep.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine: Develop a relaxing bedtime routine to help your body wind down and prepare for sleep. This can include reading a book, taking a warm bath, or practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing.
- Avoid electronics before bedtime: The blue light emitted by electronic devices like smartphones and tablets can disrupt sleep. Try to avoid using these devices for at least an hour before bedtime.
- Create a comfortable sleep environment: Make sure your bedroom is cool, quiet, and dark. Use blackout curtains or an eye mask to block out light, and consider using a white noise machine or earplugs to block out noise.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol intake: Caffeine and alcohol can disrupt sleep and lead to poor sleep quality. Limit your intake of these substances, especially in the hours leading up to bedtime.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help improve sleep quality. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week, but try to avoid exercising too close to bedtime.
- Manage stress: Stress and anxiety can make it difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep. Practice stress-reducing techniques like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing to help manage stress and improve sleep quality.
By following these tips, you can create a conducive sleep environment and develop healthy sleep habits that promote rejuvenating sleep.
There are also various products available that can aid in improving sleep quality.
Discover our top 3 below.
Eye masks or sleep masks as they're sometimes know, can aid sleep in several ways. The primary function of an eye mask is to block out light, which can be beneficial for people who are sensitive to light or need complete darkness to sleep. Light exposure, especially blue light from electronic devices, can disrupt the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep. By blocking out light, an eye mask can help promote a more restful sleep. Eye masks can also create a sense of comfort and relaxation by providing gentle pressure on the eyelids, which can help reduce stress and promote relaxation. A simple way to improve sleep quality. Our silk sleep masks are handmade in England from 100% 16-momme silk, for a truly luxurious sleep experience.
CBD, is a natural compound found in the hemp plant. When taken in the right dosage, it has been shown to help with sleep by reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation. Kloris CBD for sleep is a product that combines high-quality CBD with other natural ingredients like chamomile and lavender, which are known for their calming properties. By combining CBD with these natural ingredients, Kloris CBD for sleep can help regulate sleep patterns, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote a more restful sleep. Additionally, Kloris CBD for sleep comes in a convenient oil form, making it easy to use and absorb, making it a great option for those looking to improve their sleep quality.
Sleeping with a weighted blanket has become increasingly popular due to the reported benefits it provides. The gentle pressure from the blanket can simulate the feeling of being hugged or held, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. It can also promote a deeper and more restful sleep by increasing serotonin and melatonin levels, which are hormones that help regulate sleep. The pressure from the blanket can also help reduce movement during the night, which can improve sleep quality. Additionally, using a weighted blanket may help those with conditions such as autism, ADHD, and PTSD, as the pressure can provide a calming effect. Overall, sleeping with a weighted blanket can lead to improved sleep and reduced stress and anxiety.
It's important to remember that sleep quality can be affected by a variety of factors, including medical conditions, medications, and lifestyle habits. If you're experiencing chronic sleep problems or have concerns about your sleep quality, it's important to speak with a healthcare professional. They can help identify any underlying issues that may be affecting your sleep and provide guidance on how to improve your sleep habits. In some cases, they may also recommend sleep aids or other treatments to help you achieve better sleep quality.